To Have Direction
Direction. Direction. Direction. What are you doing? Where are you going? How much time is it going to take to get there? What route are you going to take? How long is it going to take you to get there? Do you know?
Dictionary.com describes direction as a line of thought or action, or a tendency or inclination. It is instruction or guidance for something….order, management, control, guidance, or even supervision. Now my question to you is…do you have it?
The main reason why so many people lack direction is because they were never taught to have it in the first place. How can a man know how to be a good husband or father if all he saw was foolishness? The same for a woman…how can she be “wifey material” when all she knew or grew up on was permiscuity. Without learning to have direction or purpose will cause us to live a life that’s average or below average. Many people will follow what is considered the “norm” for their life. They pretty much do what they grew up seeing and doing with nothing more to anticipate because this is just “the way it is”.
For us to have direction early on in life, it has to be shown or taught to us. If your parents never had true direction growing up, then it would be hard for them to show you. You can’t teach something that you don’t have knowledge of. The reality is, a majority of people never really had true direction growing up. So, what do you do. YOU FIND IT! So the next question would be, how do you find direction in your life?
1) Know what you want out of life.
2) Keep a journal.
3) Write your goals, your vision, your dreams.
4) Analyze your goals- set small, achievable goals that lead to a larger aspiration. Don’t try to do everything at once. Remember, you’re learning to have direction. You haven’t figured it all out yet.
5) Analyze the people that you are around. Do they help or interfere with you reaching your goals? Do you have people around you that motivate or inspire you to do greater in EVERY aspect of your life?
6) Do you have a mentor or someone that could inspire you to help give you the direction that you need? Mentors come in different forms- spiritual, physical, business, etc. If you don’t have one, it’s important to get one so that you have the inspiration that is needed to help fulfull your dreams. I promise you, you’ll get there a whole lot faster if you do.
Make sure to evaluate and assess your progress often. Stick to your plan. Don’t quit in the middle of it. Remember, you should always strive to go higher in life. If you are still stuck, then it’s probably because you don’t have the direction that you need. Direction gives you what you need to go places. If you’re stuck, then you’re not going anywhere.
Have direction you need. Connect with the right people. Stay on track. Don’t give up. Your destination is right around the corner!
Trish M Ministries